Wednesday, May 24, 2017

It's Friends of Mine Week: Special Ars Gratia Pecuniae Edition

From 2014, please enjoy Foglizard (featuring pal of PowerPop and frequent commenter buzzbabyjesus)...


...with a live in the studio performance of their not-at-all prog-rock "Pigs on a Cracker." That's BBJ with the hollow-body guitar, BTW.



And here's the almost pop "Almost July," the lead-off track from Viva Le Foglizard. Pretty snazzy, I think.



A word from the auteur:
"I posted "Viva Le Foglizard" as a weekend mix over at Burning Wood. Someone posted anonymously "No, Thanks". I wrote back that out of 7 billion people on the planet that weren't interested in my music, only one needed to point it out. I promised his brave honesty would be rewarded by his being the subject of our next song. It became a blog post."

I should add that you can hear more Foglizard tunes and read BBJ's complete history of the band over HERE. Pretty funny stuff.

Tomorrow: some more interesting if not world-renowned music, only this time from a friend I have yet to buy a drink for.

7 comments:

buzzbabyjesus said...

What fun!

While we never played a gig as Foglizard, all our music was recorded live and probably a first take. No third takes.

Thanks!

steve simels said...

I really like both of those. And I'm deeply jealous that you had such a kick ass rehearsal studio with such great sound.

Anonymous said...

Pigs On a Cracker sounds like the musical intro to a drum solo in the realm of "Rat Salad" and "Moby Dick." With a BBJ "Shakin' All Over Lick" thrown in for good measure. I've always been a sucker for wah-wah in a primitive setting.

VR

steve simels said...

VR -- I concur.

Anna said...

Nice one, BBJ! Agree with Steve re: rehearsal space; agree with VR's assessment, as well! Coolness! :)

buzzbabyjesus said...

Thanks for the kind words.

We're planning a July Foglizard session in the same space. Maybe I'll video.

re: "Shakin'All Over". Everything comes from everywhere.

buzzbabyjesus said...

And BTW here is the link to download Vive le Foglizard:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0vb6gjd64qi6b3y/Viva+Le+Foglizard.zip